Thursday 17 June 2010

Window of Opportunity

Yesterday lunchtime (Wednesday) there was a Caspian tern amongst the gulls on a small area of exposed beach just off the Mafeo Sutton Park, Nanaimo. A black oystercatcher was also present and a pigeon guillemot was close inshore.
From my downtown office window during the day, I saw bald eagle, turkey vulture, peregrine & osprey. That certainly never happened in Morecambe... though, to be fair, I did see peregrine regularly and had the occasional spring passage osprey, nearby. The best office bird was, by far, the honey buzzard that drifted over my workplace during the big influx of September 2000. I'm waiting for something as exciting to pass by my window in Nanaimo...

Mysterious Mystery
The mystery bird voting tool seems not to be working - I've tried to fix it, but it's obviously something at the host's end... I'll try and sort it out. I may extend the voting deadline, depending on when it (and if) it comes back to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment